Christmas Concert 2013
St Mary's Church, Hitchin - Saturday, 21 December 2013
Ladies: Scarf, black long sleeved top, long black skirt/trousers
Men: DJ /dark suit, white shirt, black bow tie
Hospice favours (buy at choir) to be worn on left.
Please be in church ready seated for start at 2.30 pm.
Rehearsal to finish by 5.00 pm.
Black folders will be used for the concert.
Sopranos and Tenors assemble in chapel behind organ.
Altos and Basses assemble in chapel behind pulpit.
Please be ready by 7.15pm for warm up.
Basses and Tenors lead in, filling up centre of staging.
Ladies use centre or outer ends of rows as appropriate.
Sit when you arrive in your place.
Stand at Stephen’s signal
- Choir - Here we come a wassailing O51
- Choir - Out of your sleep O150
- Audience - O come, o come Emanuel O120
- Choir - A spotless rose W147
- Organ Solo
- Choir - All this time O13
- Audience - While shepherds watched O210
- Choir - Sir Christemas O114
- Choir - My dancing day W189
- Audience - Ding Dong Merrily O28
End of first half:
Applause; remain standing until Stephen leaves rostrum, then sit.
approx. 30 minutes. Please bring mince-pies to serve at the interval
After interval reassemble in chapels and lead on as before.
Follow Stephen’s signals.
- Choir - For a world without faith W1
- Audience - O Little Town G92
- Choir - The shepherds’ farewell G142
- Choir - Sussex Carol G96
- Choir - Torches G150
- Choir - Lullaby Carol W134
- Choir - Susa Ninna W161
- Audience - O Come all ye Faithful G88
- Choir - Who is the Baby W196
- Choir - Encore We Wish You A Merry Christmas G60
End of concert:
Applause; remain standing until Stephen leaves, then sit. He may return if applause continues. Stay seated unless signalled to stand. Applaud only when seated.
When Stephen has finally left rostrum, front rows of ladies lead off from outer ends; rest file out from centre of staging.
Finally Please put music into crates provided and return choir folders. It will be much appreciated by our stage team if you can stay and help clear up – many hands make light work.